Lisa Wilkinson's Blog Post
Looking to train as a postnatal yoga instructor? – Join us for this opportunity to speak with our dedicated and experienced senior yoga instructors Melissa Curtis as she explains the benefits of teaching yoga to mothers and their new babies.
This hour-long session will give you some insight to what a mum and baby class involve, unique yoga asana that allows mother and baby to bond while giving mother the essential skill of relaxation and mindfulness techniques.… Read more
Every summer do you stare outside at the fabulous weather and the people frolicking around in the sunshine, while you grab another box of tissues?
Hay fever is miserable. Who wants to be sunbathing with cold symptoms? Colds are for winter so you can bundle up and feel terrible by the fireside sipping hot whiskey. You can’t stick a cocktail umbrella in hot whiskey and hope for the best.
So what can you do to help?… Read more
The elbowroom after school services are looking to expand our creative and dedicated team.
We are interested in meeting with experienced childcare practitioners who are passionate about their work and share in our vision for providing a quality environment for children and parents.
The service is held at The elbowroom which is Dublin’s favourite wellbeing hub located in the heart of Stoneybatter.
Our ethos is to:
- Nurture children in a joyful environment,
- Build social skills
- Encourage creativity, individualism and self-expression
- Foster inclusion and respect for each other
- Help children with educational, behavioural, emotional and social difficulties
The ideal candidate should have:
- FETAC Level 6 in Childcare with two references
- At least 2 years experience in a supervisory/management role
- First Aid/Child Protection Training
- Knowledge of holistic childcare
- A love and understanding of children
- Be able to work as part of a team or alone
- Be highly adept at planning and coordinating age appropriate and stimulating activities
- Have excellent Health and Safety awareness
- Be naturally warm and respectful towards children and their needs
- Show creativity and initiative
- Maintain close, effective, working partnerships with staff and parents to ensure the wellbeing of their children
- Understand and follow The elbowroom After School Club’s policies and procedures
The package includes:
- PAYE salary to be negotiated
- One free class per week
- Discounted treatments in our multidisciplinary clinic
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a garda clearance before commencing in this role
The hours of 11:15 am – 6:15 pm Monday-Friday during term time and 8:30-2:30 during school holidays.… Read more
Forrest Yoga uses intelligent sequencing and unique application of props to take your practice to a to a new level.
Explore asana whilst creating support and space for the body, deepening your breath and investigating what it means to be struggle free even in an intense place.
This class is suitable for all levels and the therapeutic unwinding of your body will leave you feeling spacious and invigorated.Finlay Wilson
Finlay has completed over 1000 hours of training with Forrest Yoga Certification Programmes along with over 1000 hours of Ashtanga and Vinyasa training.… Read more
A spark can be a new beginning, a shimmer, a different light on the horizon and radiance the luminosity of our own inner light.
In this Kundalini Yoga Workshop, we are exploring our own radiance and beauty to let our inner light shine brightly. The radiant body, one of the energy bodies in Kundalini Yoga, connects us with our own strength and courage to find our own worth and to be true to ourselves so we can create the resources necessary in challenging times.… Read more
Dear elbowroomers as you may know one of our most beloved and longest-serving teachers Damian Poder is currently battling cancer. Anyone who knows Damian or has been taught by him will know what a kind, caring and beautiful human being he is.We Need Your Help
The elbowroom staff have decided the best way we can help Damian through this incredibly difficult time is to host a special fundraising day on Saturday, May 20th where we will hold events and class on a donation basis and where all the proceeds will go to Damian and his family.… Read more