Article Category - "Pregnancy, New Mums & Babies"
Breastfeeding has been going really well, but all of a sudden your nipples are in agony. It seems as though it’s come out of nowhere and to the best of your knowledge you haven’t been doing anything differently to cause it.It could be thrush!
Thrush is a fungal infection caused by candida or yeast, that occurs in the mucus membranes and/or the skin. It can be a real pain, literally, for both the breastfeeding mum and baby as it cross-infects from mum’s nipple to baby’s mouth and vice versa.… Read more
If your child has suffered a burn or scald you need to act quickly.
• Cool the burnt area immediately with cold running water for at least 10 minutes.
• Clothing retains heat and so remove immediately from the burnt area if possible, however, do not try to pull off clothing that has stuck to the skin. Otherwise cool for at least 10 minutes before attempting to remove.
• The size and depth of the burn will determine the type of medical help you need to seek. … Read more
Please note there are two separate classes
Class 1 18:30 – 19:20
Class 2 19:30 – 20:20
This pregnancy Pilates class is delivered by a physical therapist and qualified APPI Pilates instructor.
When completed correctly, pregnancy Pilates is very safe during pregnancy. It’s uniquely adaptable for any level of fitness, all types of injuries and any stage of pregnancy. In fact, Pilates completed correctly can help you sail through your nine months feeling more mobile and comfortable and help you bounce back sooner after giving birth.… Read more
The elbowroom brings you an introduction to practical paediatric first aid. Learn the theory and then practice on our specialised paediatric equipment. The workshop will address these issues and more.
- Giving Emergency First Aid and getting help.
- Infant, Toddler CPR- the unconscious child and assessing breathing and heartbeat and what to do.
- Choking – what to do if a baby or child is choking.
- Unconscious child or baby – how to manage them and put into the recovery position.
Learn deep relaxation & hypnosis techniques for a calmer pregnancy and an undisturbed birth.
Calm Mama is a perfect way to help your body rest, relax and bring forth life.
Using breathing, visualisation and deep relaxation techniques, take a rest from the stresses and anxieties you may be feeling during pregnancy and in preparation for birth.
This workshop, suitable for any stage of your pregnancy, will help you gain an insight into how to use relaxation, breathing and hypnobirthing techniques in pregnancy and during birth.