Article Category - "News and Special Offers"
I work in a job that challenges me every day. A job where I need to use my body and mind in equal measure. A job that benefits me hugely not just financially but in other ways too. It’s a job that allows me to bring my kids to school and collect them and be there for them, for homework, hearing about their day and to cook the dinner.
My job is one which puts me in touch with wonderful, inspirational people every day of the week.… Read more
The elbowroom after school services are looking to expand our creative and dedicated team.
We are interested in meeting with experienced childcare practitioners who are passionate about their work and share in our vision for providing a quality environment for children and parents.
The service is held at The elbowroom which is Dublin’s favourite wellbeing hub located in the heart of Stoneybatter.
Our ethos is to:
- Nurture children in a joyful environment,
- Build social skills
- Encourage creativity, individualism and self-expression
- Foster inclusion and respect for each other
- Help children with educational, behavioural, emotional and social difficulties
The ideal candidate should have:
- FETAC Level 6 in Childcare with two references
- At least 2 years experience in a supervisory/management role
- First Aid/Child Protection Training
- Knowledge of holistic childcare
- A love and understanding of children
- Be able to work as part of a team or alone
- Be highly adept at planning and coordinating age appropriate and stimulating activities
- Have excellent Health and Safety awareness
- Be naturally warm and respectful towards children and their needs
- Show creativity and initiative
- Maintain close, effective, working partnerships with staff and parents to ensure the wellbeing of their children
- Understand and follow The elbowroom After School Club’s policies and procedures
The package includes:
- PAYE salary to be negotiated
- One free class per week
- Discounted treatments in our multidisciplinary clinic
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a garda clearance before commencing in this role
The hours of 11:15 am – 6:15 pm Monday-Friday during term time and 8:30-2:30 during school holidays.… Read more
The elbowroom, Dublin’s favourite well-being hub are looking for part time receptionists. Our busy centre offers a wide range of classes and workshops for yoga, Pilates and fitness classes along with a multi-disciplinary health clinic, after-school service and vegetarian/vegan coffee dock.
The hours for work will be daytime, evenings and weekends.Job Duties
- Welcoming clients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Using our online booking system to manage clients classes and appointments
- Keeping the centre tidy and well stocked
- Cash Management
- General administrative duties
- Working on a coffee dock at weekends
- The successful candidate may be required to cover our after school from time to time
Reception experience, sales experience, good verbal communication, Microsoft Office and Google Drive skills, experience in a customer focused environment, good organisational skills, who can handle a busy work environment, fluent English and an excellent phone manner.… Read more
Marketing Assistant 6 month fixed term contract
Your new role
Are you searching for marketing experience but constantly hearing “you must have at least 2 years’ experience”? The elbowroom can help. If you have a marketing degree or equivalent, a desire to put your degree to the test and gain that all important experience, we want to hear from you. Our marketing department is the very definition of hands on.… Read more
We’re sitting having a chat with Melissa Curtis talking about her classes, why she loves yoga and her experience of being a mum and a yoga teacher.Q: How did you start teaching Mum and Baby yoga?
I started to teach Mum and Baby yoga after I realised my pregnancy yoga students needed a follow on, plus I missed them and needed an excuse to get them back into my class so I could see their babies! … Read more
A 2-hour workshop focusing on creating dynamic and fluid yoga transitions.
With her dance background, Susie helps you build a new flow into your practice with unique ways to transition from seated, standing, balancing poses amongst others.
The key here is learning to glide your whole body through movement, breath whilst equally engaging and relaxing your body.