What is Infant Massage?
Infant massage is an ancient tradition that has been practised for centuries in India, which has been rediscovered throughout the West.
This course is redeemable on most health insurance policies.
Clinical evidence shows that infant massage has positive effects for caregivers and infants and has an important impact on their development. It is through our senses that all human beings interact with their environment.
Emotionally massage will provide your baby with a sense of well-being and security and can communicate the love you feel for your child. Once you start to massage your baby you will begin to understand how important the sense of touch is to both you and your baby.
Benefits for Infants
- Helps baby learn to relax
- Helps relieve discomfort from gas, colic, congestion and teething
- Strengthens the immune system
- Promotes sounder and longer sleep
- Promotes bonding and communication
- Helps to regulate digestive, respiratory and circulatory system
- Helps premature babies gain weight
- Helps regulate breathing and relieve nasal congestion
- Helps improve skin texture
- Helps babys body development
Benefits for you:
- Helps deepen the bonding process
- Helps caregiver understand and respond to babys nonverbal cues
- Promotes a feeling of confidence in caring for your baby
- Increases caregivers ability to relax in times of stress
- Eases the stress of caregivers who must be seperated from their baby during the day
- It is fun and relaxing for caregivers and babies
What does the course involve?
Classes run for 4 consecutive weeks . Classes are designed for you with your baby from birth to pre-crawling.
What do Course Participants Learn?
Course participants learn how to massage their baby whilst being guided through a step-by-step massage routine which uses a carefully balanced combination of Swedish, Indian and Reflexology techniques. Each participant receives individual attention. Guidance is provided.