Apart from the pregnancy yoga classes and birth preparation workshops we offer, The elbowroom clinic offers a full range of services to help make your pregnancy as healthy and enjoyable as possible. For a full list of services including physiotherapy, osteopathy, acupuncture and homeopathy, click here.
Women are often surprised that there is so much you can do to help yourself and your baby during pregnancy. We don’t mean to replace the service of your GP or caregives, but we find that many women prefer to find a more gentle way of dealing with pregnancy symptoms than taking standard pharmaceutical drugs.
In addition many Doctors are unaware of the medical trials showing the effective treatments of acupuncture for instance, in reducing the chance of induction or moving a breech baby the right way up!
Fortunately we are a group of experienced, mothers, midwives, doulas and practitioners aware of all the options you have in pregnancy.
Here’s just a snippet of what pregnancy services we provide
- Prenatal Physiotherapy, clinical pilates and pregnancy massage to help with structural problems and aches and pains.
- Osteopathy to help correct your misaligned pelvis and create the optimum environment for your baby to birth through your body.
- Acupuncture to relieve many pregnancy related symptoms such as indigestion, nausea, fatigue etc. We also provide a cervical ripening program to help reduce the risk of induction and help those under to pressure to get the baby moving by offering induction point acupuncture. We also specialise in moving a breech baby back to head down.
- Support for proposed induction dates through acupuncture, reflexology and specialised knowledge of what is normal and what is the hospital or consultant trying to pressure you into speeding up your birth.
- Homeopathy to help with problems of heart burn, swollen ankles, nausea etc during pregnancy and help with any emotional issues you might be facing. We can also provide birthing kits to bring into hospital with you and help you understand how to use them.
- Reflexology to help with pregnancy related conditions and help make your pregnancy more enjoyable.
For pregnancy and birth we offer many services for a full list see our clinic pregnancy service list here.