Energy Medicine Tools with Dr. Anthony Sharkey
This events has past
Energy Medicine theory and techniques have revolutionised how personal and spiritual development is practiced. The emotional and psychological problems that 20 years ago may have taken hours of meditation and perhaps many hours of therapy to resolve can now be let go of in a few minutes of targeted practice.
Specifically you will learn:
1. Energy Medicine first-aid tools which work fast to relieve the inevitable emotional pains of life
These are tools you can apply in the moment to help relieve the emotional or psychological pain of anything that might be bothering you. My number one tool at the moment is something called the Havening technique. I use this with my patients who are sometimes in extreme emotional distress and it has a 90% success rate for quickly and permanently helping them find relief. It is also the most popular supplementary technique on my Mindfulness courses. When you learn and practice it for yourself you will be able to teach it to your Yoga students.
2. The five minute energy medicine routine – when you don’t have the time to sweat it out on the mat
7 essential Energy Medicine exercises which you can do in 5 minutes and which have been scientifically proven to strengthen your immune system and to keep the subtle energies of your body and mind humming throughout the day no matter how busy you are.
In addition to the above you will learn:
- Specific and clear steps of how to Let go of anything that is bothering you and can be practiced in the moment in any situation – from being caught in traffic to having an argument with someone
- A little bit on Goal setting. If you don’t have a plan for your life someone else does
- The one simple breathing exercise which seems to do the same thing as complicated Pranic breathing practices
- How to create a sacred space for yourself at home and why this isn’t just a nice thing to do but essential if you are serious about self-care
- How to combine affirmations with Energy Medicine tools so that the affirmations actually work
- One simple practice (which will be your homework) which is 100% guaranteed to improve all your relationships. Seriously!
About Dr. Anthony Sharkey
Dr. Anthony Sharkey MB Bch BAO DCH qualified from Trinity College Dublin in 1982. Four years after completing his medical training he attended a Buddhist meditation class and had a deep calling to explore this path.
He was ordained as a Buddhist in the late eighties and subsequently lived in a meditation retreat centre for two and a half years, this entailed meditating for a minimum of 5 hours a day as well as organising and leading numerous retreats.
He trained as an Iyengar Yoga teacher around the same time. In the early 90’s he returned to Dublin and helped establish the Dublin Meditation centre. This was a space dedicated to Meditation and was also one of the first dedicated Yoga centres in Ireland.
During the 90’s he introduced over 4,000 people to the skills of mediation and yoga through evening classes and retreats. He also established several residential spiritual communities in the heart of Dublin.
He was the medical doctor and Mindfulness teacher on the first Mindfulness course for people with a medically diagnosed disease in 1996.
Currently he works for the HSE in community medicine, has a private medical practice specialising in non-drug based treatments of Anxiety and Depression, he is an artist, dancer, he meditates for at least one – two hours every day, he teaches Mindfulness courses, and he runs weekends teaching self-healing Energy Medicine techniques.
He is married to the wonderful and beautiful Lisa Markham and they had a baby girl called Bella just 6 months ago.
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.