Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Mindfulness Meditation Module with Josh Summers
Event Details Enquire Now
Start Date: Thursday 17th May 2018
End Date: Sunday 20th May 2018
Time: 09:30 - 17:30
Cost: €640 or €540 Early bird discount before 1st February 2018
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Mindfulness Meditation Module is a comprehensive training in the theory and practice of Mindfulness Meditation and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga. This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating meditation into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Mindfulness Meditation Module will include
- Practice and understand the theory of the core aspects of Mindfulness Training: Steadiness, presence and wisdom.
- The unique approach to Mindfulness taught in this training explicitly includes a receptive and creative approach to working with thoughts, feelings, memories, and planning, as well as bodily sensations.
- Explore “Yin” aspects and approaches to meditation, developing “Yin” qualities of mind and heart: Receptivity, gentleness, compassion, reflection, stillness and silence.
- This Module will be structured around the Buddha’s core teaching on Mindfulness – The Satipatthana Sutta – The Sutta on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. This text provides a treasure trove of material to share with students in a Yin classroom. Meditative themes will include theoretical and practical approaches to these Four Foundations: Body (kaya), Feeling tones (vedana), Mind-states (citta), and Categories of Experience (dhamma).
- For each category of contemplation (ie. body, mind-states, etc), a variety of ‘yin’ and ‘yang’ forms of meditative tools will be considered and explored.
- Working with the Hindrances (Aversion, Desire, Restlessness, Sleepiness and Doubt): Strategies and antidotes.
- Develop your ability to hold space, effectively use your voice and explore teaching cues that support the experiential learning and the unfolding insight of your students.
- Address approaches to teaching meditation in a secular, non-religious manner.
- How to instruct and guide meditative themes in your teaching.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Mindfulness Meditation Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works
1. Register. Fee: €640 (or €540 early bird rate)
2. Pre-work. Complete the mandatory online course that accompanies this module on Josh’s site: www.joshsummers.net (Please note: Online courses will be available in October 2017).
Important: You must take the online course and complete the quiz before attending the live teacher training module. Fee for the online course: €125
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.