The Road Less Travelled With David Curtis
This events has past
David began a disciplined daily practice of yoga in the mid-90s when living in San Francisco. As an athlete he was attracted to the dynamic practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa and was inspired by the discipline it takes to practice this method effectively.
He has studied extensively in India, Australia and the U.S under various Senior teachers in both the Ashtanga and Iyengar Methods.
David is also a certified Somatic Movement Educator (SME) through the International Institute of Somatic Movement Education based in Tamil Nadu, South India. SME is a neuromuscular re-education system that facilitates sensory- motor learning to gain greater voluntary control of the physiological process resulting in freedom of ease and agility of movement.
Bandha and Intermediate Asana – Establishing connection to the Vital breath through Uddiyana Bandha.
- Access challenging asana safely like Padmasana through step by step (Vinyasa Krama) sequencing
- The three main reasons to practice yoga according to Krishnamacharya
- Is it any exercise or spiritual practice (Sadhana)?
- What to practice, when and how
- Clarity versus Confusion – exposure to too much too quickly
- Standing activities and Sun Salutations: focus on releasing the groins, waist and shoulders in preparation for Arm Balances and Backbends
Poses explored but not limited to:
- Arm balances: Mayurasana, Pincha Mayurasana, Adho Mukha Vrksasana, Koudinyasana
- Backward bends: Dhanurasana, Bhekasana, Ustrasana, Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Counterposes and Conclusion
- Somatic Movement practice – Shoulders, Waist and Hips
- Full practice format – Including all activities and elements addressed in previous module and present one
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.