Prana Flow Workshop- Breathe, Bend, Twist, Extend
Event Details Book Online Now
Date: Saturday 13th May 2017
Time: 14:00 - 16:00
Cost: €29 or €26.1 10% Members Discount
The word ‘Prana’ in yoga, means life-force, or vitality. In other words our energy. There are thousands of energy channels that flow through us.
This workshop will concentrate on opening the three main ones, which are called Ida Nadi, Pingala Nadi and Sushumna. We will begin with a breathing exercise called Nadi Shodhana which will prepare us for our physical practice. This opens with a slow, rhythmic, flowing, vinyasa which will incorporate methodical movements designed to bring a mindful consciousness to your physical body.
There will be plenty of options for people experiencing a low energy day and progressions for those of you who wish to keep moving. The workshop will end on a restorative note, bringing balance and gentleness to the rest of your day and longer.
Who’s this work for?
- People who want to learn about how breathing affects energy levels
- People who are like slow, rhythmic vinyasa flow classes.
- People who like to move with freedom and ease.
- People who want to learn how to rebalance the bodies energy system.
- It’s for everyone.
Why should you do it?
- It’s a fun and light-hearted practice.
- It teaches you how to breathe well.
- It makes you feel vibrant and alive.
- It Improves joint and spinal mobility.
- It relieves stress.
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.