shane's Blog Post
You’ll be joining the amazing Sophia Pallaro for this comprehensive study of restorative yoga over two weekends at The elbowroom including:
– Anatomy and physiology of the central and peripheral nervous system
– Restorative for adrenal fatigue
– Diet and restorative yoga
– Restorative yoga for restoring good posture
– Restore to sleep
– Plan and effectively sequence a restorative class
– Intelligent use of props to assist individual needs
– Pranayama in Restorative
– Yoga Nidra during Restorative
– Creating a restorative space: balancing talking and silence;
voice and pace as well as music
– Dealing with difficult emotions during Restorative
This four-day course takes place on the 1st, 2nd and 29th of February and the 1st March.… Read more
Understanding and Working with Subtle Energy Pathways, Vibrational Transformation & Consciousness
Experiential learning and study of Subtle Body Anatomy in Yoga:
- Chakra, Kosha, Vayu, Nadi: How they interrelate, how they affect everything in a person (body, mind, emotions, connection to spirit) and how to work with those systems to bring them into balance.
- The Chakra system: Asana work, balancing and clearing work, meditations and work in consciousness.
- Breathwork, Meditation and Energy clearing work
- The 4 bodies; physical, mental, emotional & spiritual
- Teaching from a level of energy/soul connection
- How to read energy in others/postures
- Teaching using a language that facilitates wholeness and harmony
- Being the Change
- Cultivating Listening, Becoming Sensitive, Trusting your awareness, and Improving observational /listening skills
The first of its kind in Ireland, this doula course will provide all of the training and mentoring necessary for you to support pregnant people and their families and from conception, pregnancy labour birth and the early postpartum in the Irish maternity system.
Join us for this open talk and Q&A with Dr Krysia Lynch, where we will discuss the doula training structure, content and our passion for pregnancy care and reform.… Read more
RELAX, RELIEVE, RESTART through Yoga Therapy
This workshop is aimed at anyone who is stressed and/ or burned out and looking for some tools to relax as well as anyone suffering from musculoskeletal conditions and ailments who would like to learn simple movements to relieve their symptoms.
We will start with a short stress-releasing (Emergency Medicine Tools) technique followed by a Joint-Freeing series, and finally a sequence of simple asanas, all adapted to your personal ability for a safe and nourishing experience.… Read more
Neck & Shoulder Stabilization Workshop
Participants will develop an understanding of the relationship between their Cervical Spine and the Shoulder girdles. You will develop a pain-free relationship with your own body using simple techniques that can be applied at home or shared in a class environment.
Physical Therapist & Movement physiology teacher Joseph Devlin continues to develop this workshop designed at beginners and advanced movement practitioners, who have experienced injuries or pain in their neck or shoulder.… Read more
Naturopathy at The elbowroom
Naturopathy is for people who are ready to take control of their wellbeing and are willing to do the work to make changes that will benefit their health now and into the future. It’s a medicine of empowerment and of self-healing. Working with plant medicine, nutrition, sleep hygiene, lifestyle medicine, detoxification principles, Ayurveda, Bach flower essences, homoeopathic tissue salts and more, conducting 1:1 health consultations with clients of all ages.… Read more