Article Category - "New Mums & Infants"
Infant massage is one of the most rewarding ways to bond and connect deeply with your baby. We are thrilled to announce we will be starting a new five week infant massage course. Start date for the course is Tuesday, April 20th 2021. Additional information and booking details are included at the end of the blogWhat are some of the benefits of infant massage?
Each Massage may stimulate;
- Circulatory and digestive systems
- Hormonal and immune systems
- Coordination and balance
- Learning and concentration
- Muscular development and growth
- Mind and body awareness
- May help relieve gas and colic & constipation
After having two children, my sneezing and trampolining days were behind me. Literally. It wasn’t until my second child was three, that I decided to try and get help. Here is some background information that may help you.What and where is your pelvic floor
The pelvic floor muscles are the foundation of the core of the body. They help stabilize the pelvis, and they support the organs of the lower abdominal cavity, like the bladder and uterus.… Read more
We’ve gathered up the statistics so you don’t have to!
Firstly, what is a Doula?
A doula is somebody that provides non-medical support for mothers throughout pregnancy, birth and beyond.… Read more
If your child has suffered a burn or scald you need to act quickly.
• Cool the burnt area immediately with cold running water for at least 10 minutes.
• Clothing retains heat and so remove immediately from the burnt area if possible, however, do not try to pull off clothing that has stuck to the skin. Otherwise cool for at least 10 minutes before attempting to remove.
• The size and depth of the burn will determine the type of medical help you need to seek. … Read more
How can I help turn my breech or transverse baby?Week 34
A baby starts to migrate head down from about the 28th week. If the baby is still not head down by week 34 you should probably look into doing something to encourage them.How to Help
There are many things you can do to help turn a baby who hasn’t gone head down yet. These include
- Dropping to all fours and putting your chest on the floor when you feel your baby moving.