Women’s Circle: Hormone Yoga
Introduction to Hormone Yoga
The Women’s Circle – Introduction to Hormone Yoga will be hosted by Anna Przybylo, a Hormone Yoga teacher and a Menstrual Cycle coach. This session is an invitation for you to connect with your body, to tune into the more subtle aspects of your being and to connect with a like-minded, supportive and non-judgemental community.
Saturday, April 24th @3pm
What to expect?
- A non-judgmental and safe space for you to show up as you are
- Introduction to Hormone Yoga : what is it, how it works, benefits
- A short hormone yoga practice : the foundations of the practice with space for questions.
- Yoga Nidra
- Q&A session
- Community connection
About Hormone Yoga:
Hormone Yoga was designed by Dinah Rodrigues in order to help women with hormonal imbalance related to PMS, irregular menstrual cycle, polycystic ovaries as well as help to manage some of the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause.
The hormone yoga practice consists of a series of simple physical yoga poses with a breathing technique called Bhastrika, which involves active abdominal breathing that stimulates the organs and the glands in the lower abdomen. The practice also involves a lot of relaxation and calming pranayamas that help to soothe the nervous system and reap the benefits of the practice.
Who is it for?
Hormone Yoga is recommended for women with hormonal imbalances especially related to:
- PMS, irregular menstrual cycle & polycystic ovaries
- symptoms of menopause such as hot flushes, night sweats, loss of memory, mood changes, hair loss (practiced in order to reduce these symptoms)
- premature menopause
- perimenopause in order to keep up slowly decreasing hormone levels
- as a way to tone and rejuvenate for any women above 35 years old
- in cases where estrogen level should not increase e.g. severe endometriosis, fibroids/myoma or breast cancer
- in case of any other cancer – check with your doctor
- after a surgery
- in case of acute psychosis
- in case of any hormone-related disease ask your doctor for advice
- during menstruation – some modifications will be given or you can take a break from your hormone yoga class
Anna Przybylo, originally from Poland but living in Ireland since 2005. Anna is a Hatha Yoga and Hormone Yoga teacher and a Wellbeing and Menstrual Cycle Coach. She works with people on all things related to anxiety and stress management, menstrual cycle awareness, living more creatively and more in sync with our true nature in order to thrive in life.
Her interest is in cultivating connection in order to strengthen the felt sense of self, develop more self-awareness and more ability to respond to life consciously and sustainably while experiencing the joy of living.