Seasonal healthy Eating for winter wellness
We firmly believe to eat well is to be well. We do our best to balance a little over-indulgence with lots of fresh healthy fruit and vegetables, wholesome nuts & grains.
The busy holiday season can take it’s toll on both body and mind and we all benefit from a little extra nurturing during these cold winter months to restore us back to health and vitality.
Our resident Naturopath Kevin Callan has designed a great workshop to help you put a nutritious healthy food plan together for these harsh winter months. Run over two Thursday evenings you will learn all the basics to sustain a super healthy lifestyle.
The New Year New You course will answer many of your questions
- cravings – learn how to manage cravings and sustain energy during the dark evenings
- super foods – learn how to prepare and include foods that have been found to boost immunity to keep those pesky colds and flu’s at bay. Incorporate them into your diet to keep your immunity in tip top condition.
- Practical steps – this will be a hands-on course with food suggestions and information on why these foods are essential for healthy living.
- Sugar – handy tricks on how to satisfy the sugar beast within without spiking blood sugar and sparking off cravings.
- windy– maximise digestion and help with symptoms like wind and bloating
- stress much? – Learn about how mindfulness helps to manage food cravings and helps boost immunity. Finish the day with a relaxing guided meditation.
Follow our food blog for lots of delicious healthy hearty recipes to keep you in tip top form body & mind. Here’s three great recipes to tantalise the taste buds and inspire your healthy new you!
Cous cous burgers with corn, pine nuts & onion All packed with super foods to help look after your body’s every need.
Carmalised onion broth with chestnut mushrooms, kale & buckwheat noodles Super tasty winter warmer.
Baked Sweet Potato with slow cooked Smokey Beans. A simple and tasty supper packed with goodness.
Best of luck with your winter wellness if you have any questions about your dietary requirements please email us with your enquiry or stop by the juice bar for a refreshing nutritious boost.
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.