Fertility & Accupuncture
Accupuncture works best when a functional problem is the cause of infertility, specifically when endometriosis, ovulatory problems or hormonal imbalance are the cause for not getting pregnanct. Studies have proved the effectiveness of accupuncture for infertility. A 2004 study conducted by the Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Center in Colorado found that 51% of women who underwent both IVF and acupunture treatment at the same time became pregnant while only 36% of those who only underwent IVF did. The latter group also had higher rates of miscarriage (20%) compared to those women who had received accupunture (8%).
BENEFITS of ACUPUNCTURE ARE:
- Improved pregnancy rates during IVF treatment cycles, when acupuncture takes place on the day of embryo transfer
- Increased blood flow to the uterus, leading to an improved endometial lining
- Reduced stress and anxiety levels
- Possible improvement in ovulation for women with PCOS
- Possible improvement in sperm count and quality regulation of gonadotropin – releasing hormone, which in turn could help regulate ovulation.
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.