Advice For Beginners Pilates
Would you like to lengthen & strengthen your limbs & core? Our team can help you achieve this goal.
If you are about to start your first Pilates workshop, refreshing with a class or really working your fitness with Body Conditioning Class here follows a list of what you need to know for Beginners Pilates (and if you still need help, a form to contact a class advisor):
- We don’t wear shoes in Pilates so wash your socks
- The preliminary stretch is very important for safety, so arrive on time as latecomers often can’t join in as they haven’t had time to limber up
- You will learn about how to breathe, engage your core, keep a neutral spine and move all at the same time. It can take a few sessions for it to click. Be patient with yourself
- Body Conditioning requires you to wear trainers with good support.
- Water is readily available as it is a sweaty pursuit. Drinking water helps keep your balance, hydrate and lose weight.
- Ensure you smell good for the hour.
- Zumba class requires you to wear inside training or dance shoes
- Double bra support is good for women with more bounce on top!
- Be prepared to have a laugh
Do you still need help in deciding what is right for you?
For more information or advice on your fitness needs please do get in touch
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.