Advice for beginners
New to The elbowroom? Here is some advice
So you are new to The elbowroom – a warm welcome! If you are about to start your first yoga class here’s some Advice for beginners on what you need to know and if you have any questions please fill out the form for our contact advisor:
- Take it easy. Don’t push yourself and you should never feel any kind of pain. If you do stop what you are doing
- Don’t worry what the person next to you is doing. They may be very bendy but they may also have been doing this for many years
- New students should arrive 15 minutes early to register and fill out arrival cards.
- Please sign in to reception before each class
- Please be on time, no admittance 5 minutes after classes begin. If you are late and have booked a class we may give your space away if someone is waiting
- Hot yoga students will need to have water and a towel yoga mats are on sale in the studio. For Ashtanga please bring a small towel if necessary
- We hire mats for €1, but in the interests of hygiene, we recommend purchasing your own if you plan to take a series of classes
- Wear comfortable, light clothing and bring a warm layer for yoga relaxation
- Please take off your shoes as you enter the building unless you are doing body conditioning or Zumba where you will need clean trainers
- Try not to eat for two hours before class—please DO eat a light breakfast before early am classes (i.e. yoghurt and fruit)
- Showers are available free of charge
- Small towels can be hired for €1 at reception.
- Drink plenty of water before and after your class
Contact an advisor
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.