Women are often surprised at how they feel after having a baby.
A combination of exhaustion, poor muscle tone and the aftermath of hormone changes can play havoc with your body and mind.
The elbowroom clinic has a range of tailored postnatal services to help both you and your infant or child after pregnancy.
Sometimes the problems manifest themselves immediately, sometimes it can go unchecked for years. For a full range of services specifically for you after having your baby click here.
For you we specifically provide:
- Postnatal physiotherapy services to help you deal with lingering back, neck, shoulder and pelvic pain
- Clinical Pilates for mummy tummy rehabilitation expertise if your abdominal tone is just not coming back, or more specifically if your muscles have separated and not returned 6 weeks after the birth of your baby. We see women from 2 months after the birth of the baby to 18 plus years.
- Women’s health specialist services to help deal with pelvic floor weakness or incontinence. This confidential and private service is available in our clinic and includes diagnosis and tailored exercises to deal with specific muscle weakness.
- Homeopathy to help you recover both physically and emotionally. Symptoms we commonly see include emotional problems ranging from depression, anxiety, stress about your ability to cope, lack of libido, healing after surgery or tearing, birth related trauma – to physical symptoms such as hair loss, haemarroids, fatigue, and breast feeding problems
- Acupuncture to help bring back your energy levels, help with breast milk supply and deal with emotional issues
- Osteopathy to support your recovery, especially important if you are suffering from persistant back problems or had a traumatic birth. Especially beneficial for c-section recovery.
And for your baby
The elbowroom clinic has a comprehensive range of services to help your baby settle into their rhythm and deal with any specific or lingering issues. We have had years of success with dealing with many infant and child problems including:
- feeding problems and breast feeding problems
- retained moulding (mis-shapen heads)
- digestive problems
- Ear, nose and throat problems
- Developmental delays (crawling, balance, co-ordination)
Our paediatric specialist osteopath, homeopath, midwife and doula will help give you the best support to help with the health and happiness of you and your family.
For a full list of our services see our post natal clinic services here.
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.