Recipe: Aileen’s Refined Sugar Free Raspberry Chia Jam
This baby-friendly recipe is taken from Aileen Cox Blundell’s babyledfeeding.com
This delicious baby-friendly jam is easy to make and packed full of natural goodness. Store bought jams are full of sugar and preservatives so switching to a homemade healthy jam is really beneficial to your baby. This Jam supplies your baby with plenty of fibre and essential vitamins and this healthy recipe is perfect for bread, crackers or even added to a natural yogurt.
What goes in…
- 2 Cups Frozen Raspberries
- Juice 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Makes: 4 Pots
Storing: Store in sterilised pots/jars to keep for 6 months (although ours is eaten long before that)
How to make it…
- Add all of the ingredients except for the chia seeds to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a medium heat, stir often until the mixture starts to thicken up and turns into a syrup. It will take anywhere from 12-15 minutes.
- Add the chia seeds to the saucepan and allow to bubble away for a further five minutes stirring well to prevent sticking.
- Transfer the jam to sterilised jars and then tap to remove any air pockets. Then seal and store in a fridge.
- Serve on pancakes, bread, in yogurt or over porridge.
If you would like to learn more about preparing healthy food for your baby or toddler join us on April 23rd for our Baby Led Weaning workshop!