COURSE MODULES I – III
- Child development and anatomy
- Fundamentals of teaching children
- Teaching methodology for children
- Communication and engagement with children
- Asana’s for children
- Relaxation and meditations
- Chanting and songs
- Yoga Games
- Sequencing for age groups 3.5-6, 6-9, 10-13
- Dealing with behavioral problems
- Introducing anatomy to children
- Partner yoga
- Observing and assisting in classes
- A teachers toolbox
CONTENT MODULE IV
- Written & Practical Exam
- Identifying children with alternate learning and physical requirements
- Family Yoga
- Teaching in schools
CONTENT MODULE V – Add on (not included in module I – IV cost)
- Inclusion, disability, and diversity.
- The sensory system and sensory issues affecting children with Autism
- Yoga sequences for children with Autism
- Other adaptations to a yoga class for children with Autism
- ADHD- difficulties encountered by children with ADHD
- Yoga sequences for children with ADHD
- Difficulties children with coordination difficulties present with.
- Yoga for children with coordination difficulties
- Yoga for emotional and behavioral difficulties /mental health
- Case studies for complex presentations.
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.