Event Details Enquire Now
Start Date: Saturday 24th August 2019
End Date: Sunday 25th August 2019
Time: 09:30 - 17:30
Duration: 2 Days
This two-day neuroconnective course will help you to understand why we become stuck in our physiology, and as you begin to understand the processes and systems driving your neurology you will learn how to successfully change your patterns.
“Habits Are Learned. So Why Not Learn Good Ones”
As yoga teachers and movement practitioners, we are often approached by our students who are perplexed as to why they don’t seem to get further in their yoga practice. They tell you that they can’t touch their toes or twist as deeply on one side as they can on the other, or maybe they just can’t lift up their legs in navasana. These problems are due to muscle compensations and imbalances in the neurokinetic chains.
What You Will Learn On This Course:
Anatomists over the years have divided the body into 8 systems. We will take a look at how these systems work together and the impact they have on our wellbeing when they don’t.
The Science & Spirit of Breath:
- How breathing affects every system in the body.
- Relaxation Response vs Fight /Flight /Freeze
- The physiology of Apical and abdomino-diaphragmatic breathing.
- Activate your diaphragm for better breath.
- Pranayama and the nervous system.
The Neurophysiology of Stretching:
- Sliding Filament Theory and its impact on flexibility.
- What happens to muscles when the body doesn’t communicate well?
- Activated Anatomy
- Asana focus: Strength and flexibility analysis.Balancing acts:
- The vestibular and ocular systems and their importance in maintaining balance and equilibrium.
- Stress: The Relaxation Response vs Fight /Flight /Freeze.
- The role of the Limbic System.
- The pain path: Somatosensory system and parasympathetic ganglia
NLP, Yoga & Managing States:
- Language – Be nice, the body can hear you.
- Yoga as therapy – why yoga can be pivotal for helping people to overcome stress, anxiety and illness.
- Changing states.
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.