Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Traditional Chinese Meridian Module (50hr) with Josh Summers
Event Details Book Online Now
Start Date: Thursday 8th November 2018
End Date: Sunday 11th November 2018
Time: 09:30 - 17:30
Cost: €640 or €540 Early Bird Discount
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a comprehensive training in the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga. This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating the profound energetic aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Traditional Chinese Meridian Module will include:
- Historical overview of Chinese Medicine’s philosophical origins.
- Yin and Yang Theory.
- Five Element Theory and Seasonal Balance.
- Understand the Vital Substances of Chinese Medicine: Qi, Essence, Blood, and Fluids.
- Dynamics of Qi, theory and practice.
- Functions of the Internal Organs, with both Chinese and Western analysis.
- Learn to locate the essential Meridians of Yin Yoga practice, as well as identify and palpate the power acupuncture points on these channels.
- Learn the interrelationships of the Yin Organs as they relate to the production, circulation and storage of Qi, Blood, and Essence.
- Understand the Causes of Disease in Chinese Medicine and how to Identify Patterns of Disharmony According to the Eight Principles.
- Practice sequences and pranayama to harmonize Qi and Blood circulation
- Develop ways to speak about this curriculum in theory and practice.
- Learn to design sophisticated sequences based on Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory beyond simply pairing Yin and Yang Meridians in your sequencing.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works
€640 (or €540 early-bird rate).
Complete the mandatory online course that accompanies this module (Please note: Online courses will be available in May 2018).
Important: You must take the online course and complete the quiz before attending the live teacher training module.
Price: €125, paid directly on his website.
Here’s how to earn credit towards your certification:
Anyone can take this training as a standalone module.
But if you’d like to earn credit towards your 200-hour and 300-hour certification with this module, enroll in the Summers School of Yin Yoga. Click the button to start the application process:
The Summers School of Yin Yoga // www.yinyogaschool.com
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.