Wise Women: Yoga for Women’s Health
This events has past
We will be learning through discussion with plenty of practice. Prepare to laugh, cry and be overjoyed.
The science is there, yoga can help women through all their cycles in life and in this training we will explore just that. This is an opportunity for you to learn the fundamental wisdom of your own body, how yoga and pranayama can help and how you can empower others to learn the same. On top of all this, we have chartered women’s health physiotherapist, Orla Crosse, to talk all things pelvic floor health and lots more.
Day 1: Yoga to Support Menstruation and Yoga To Support Fertility plus Lecture by Women’s Health Physio Orla Crosse
- The Female Reproductive System
- The History of Menstruation and Menstruation Today
- How we can support a healthy menstrual through awareness, yoga and pranayama
- How yoga can help menstrual cycle contraindications.
Yoga to Support Fertility:
- How can we help support fertility and those going through fertility issues and treatment?
- Yoga, Breathing and Relaxation to support fertility
Day 2: Yoga for the Postnatal Period, Yoga to support Peri-Menopause and Menopause
- Considerations for the Postnatal Body
- How to check for Diastasis Recti, what to avoid and what to do
- Postnatal Considerations and how yoga can help
- Why yoga is so important during this time
- How we can avoid the contraindications and prepare earlier in life
- Yoga for Hot Flushes, Mood Swings, Brain Fog, Osteoporosis, Yoga post Hysterectomy and How to avoid Prolapse
- How we can make sure peri-menopause and menopause is the start of the best years of our lives.
In this module you will learn about:
- The divine feminine
- Yoga for Menstruation
- Yoga for fertility support
- Yoga for postnatal Women
- Yoga for Menopause
***This module does not cover pregnancy yoga or mum and baby yoga.***
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.