A Bridge Too Far With Bev Porrino
This events has past
This interactive mixed ability workshop with Bev will take a look at why some students find backbends challenging.
With the use of foam rollers, balls, our own hands and yoga postures, we will lubricate and release the connective tissues so that we can move from gentle backbends to deeper postures with ease and with strength.
We’ll take a brief look at anatomical differences in a generic group so that we can focus on correct alignment and modifications for your body.
The class begins with simple movements and pranayama to mobilise and oxygenate the postural muscles, moving into gentle asana to promote shoulder, heart and hip openings. Supported backbends will progress into stronger poses for those who wish to keep going.
These days, most movement practitioners are pretty clued up on the role of the connective tissue (fascia) and how it can restrict movements when it thickens. It does this to protect and stabilise us, the downside is:
- Our muscles become stuck to the layers of fascia
- Reduced range of movement
- Defensive and compensation patterns
- By warming our bodies properly and increasing our range of movement we can learn how to release these the layers
- So come with an intention to learn and a light and open heart and your best and stretchiest yoga apparel
- There will be some partner work and most definitely fun in this workshop
Be strong, stretched and activated.
The elbowroom has an extensive range of classes for all ages and abilities. We offer such an eclectic mix to enable you to find something that will suit you. If you need any advice, please contact our class advisor who can point you in the right direction.